WannaCry, the global ransomware attack grabbing headlines the world over, has so far infected 200,000 systems in 150 countries. Today, reports are emerging of a new strain of the worm-like attack that EUROPOL has described as "at an unprecedented level."
As a Kaspersky Lab user, you were immediately protected from WannaCry and other crypto-malware. But there are additional steps we recommend that all Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business and Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud users:
How to prevent the infection?
1. Install the official Microsoft patch:
• For currently supported operating systems: https:/technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx
• For operating systems that are no longer supported: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msrc/2017/05/12/customer-guidance-for-wannacrypt-attacks/
2. If you are using Kaspersky Lab software, make sure the System Watcher component and all its modules are enabled:
3. Make sure the Network Attack Protection component is enabled.
If you’re not currently a Kaspersky Lab user, you can still act quickly by installing the patch (as described above) and installing our FREE Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business.
Protect your business today with Kaspersky Lab.