Ransomware attacks grew by almost 700% on average globally in 2014-2015. Cybercriminals don’t stay still, they’re always developing new tools and techniques to hold businesses and their data to ransom. By downloading Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business, you took a positive step forward in the campaign to StopRansom!
To resist ransomware, you need to stay one step ahead of the cybercirminals and prepare in advance. Knowing your enemy is an important aspect of effective IT security and Kaspersky Lab is committed to educating users around the world on how they can best protect themselves from cybercriminals.
DID YOU KNOW…?
- 40% of businesses don’t believe ransomware’s that big a problem1
- Kaspersky Lab detected four times more ransomware attacks in 2015 than in 20142
- In 2015, an estimated $325m was extorted from ransomware victims globally3
- The financial sector is the biggest target for attacks4
- In Q1 2016, Kaspersky Lab’s experts detected 2,900 new modifications of cryptomalware5
- In Q1 2016, Kaspersky Lab security solutions protected 372,602 users from ransomware attacks6
- 17% of ransomware attacks specifically target businessee7
- One of the most famous and widespread ransomware attacks of 2016 is called Locky – Kaspersky Lab has detected attacks cryptor using this in 114 countries.
- The Petya cryptomalware attack not only encrypts data but also over- writes the hard drive’s master boot record (MBR) so victims can’t boot into their operating system.
- In 2015, Kaspersky Lab solutions protected 443,920 users worldwide from cryptomalware, depriving criminals of almost $53m in illegal earnings’.